Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Claire's Birthday Card - Cling and Scrunch



Here is the card I gave my sister, Claire, for her 19th birthday. I can't believe she is 19. Shouldn't she only be about 9? I made this card a while ago using a technique from Technique Junkies. I used the Cling and Scrunch technique for the background using Stampin' Up! reinkers. The bodice and skirt of the dress are covered with clear Stickles and there are bezel gems scattered on the skirt.
The Recipe:
Stamps: Blooming with Happiness and Everyday Flexible Phrases (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Tempting Turquise, Whisper White and Basic Black (Stampin' Up) and glossy white cardstock
Ink: Lovely Lilac and Tempting Turquoise reinkers
Other: Round Tab Punch (Stampin' Up!), Fiskars corner punch, Stickles, Stampendous bezel gems and velvet ribbon

2 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

You did a wonderful job on this card. I love the way your background turned out and the sparkle on the dress is a perfect finishing touch. Your blog is coming along very nicely too!

Connie Fossenier said...

Lyn, love the sparkly card, and the stamp is so fitting for 19 years old..A card with lots of detail.
TFS
Connie Paxman