Sunday, June 1, 2008

Postabella Cards - April & May



OK. So as usual, I am a bit behind. I have signed up for Postabella where every month we get a sketch and are assigned a sistah (or two) to send a card to. Well, being the perfectionist I am, if I am given a sketch, I MUST do the sketch. I had trouble wrapping my brain around the May card. Last week, the lightbulb went off - instead of stitching, ric rack! I had to mount a ton of new Bellas from my last order, and somehow Grumpabella came out. All the papers are from my mom's scrap bin in her basement. I think she turned out cute, and hope that everyone does, too.

The April card was a problem as the sketch had a dimension for the box where the Bella is. Again, given a direction, I am hard pressed NOT to follow it. My first several attemps to get all of Flowahbella's curls in the designated size box failed. The sketch also called for four one inch circles. Wouldn't you know that I have NOTHING that makes a ONE inch circle. 1-1/4, 1-3/8, smaller, sorta one inch, but NOT one inch. Grrr. Well, I played around with that one for a while. The first draft ended up being my mom's Mother's Day card. I still wasn't quite happy with it, so when I finally sat down to finish this, I dropped the designated size for Bella's box. I made her box fit her shape, so all her curls are included. Since she is a party girl, she has glitter in her hair, too! I kept the circles, but changed them to flowers. The flowers are from the Stampin' Up! Pretties kit. I dabbed them with Tempting Turquouise and put yellow brads in the center for a little extra color. I stole the leaves from something in my mom's embellishment box, but I think they are from Making Memories. Bella's boots are colored with a turquize Glaze Pen which makes them look like patent leather. Too cool!! I learned this tip from a stamping store I recently visited in Chicago called Stamp On In. They were using the black Glaze Pens to make black patent leather boots. I have a black Glaze Pen as of yesterday, so be on the lookout for some black patent leather boots!

Hopefully, I won't be so late with my June card. Procrastination, rather than Marie, should have been my middle name.



My nifty signature thingy isn't working, so I guess I'll just type it -

Lynn

6 comments:

stampingtink said...

Very cute! Love your background papers. Great job and welcome to the world of blogging!

Anonymous said...

welcome to the world of bloggers and i like the card.

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love your blog. It looks cool. I just started mine a couple of weeks ago. How do you make a signature? I haven't gotten that far yet. Love the "what I'm reading section" I might put that on mine. Check mine out and tell me what I need.

http://sparklescharmsandbows.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Very cute Lynn! Love them!

Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are adorable!!

Kim's Life said...

Great job!!!